Breath Lab: Lost in Translation
Wed 24 May @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
24 May 2017, Durham
Breath Lab is an experiment; a discussion forum which brings people together to think differently about breathing, breathlessness and respiratory health. Convened by the Life of Breath research team, our first workshop will explore the language of breathlessness, lung disease and respiratory healthcare. In particular;
- Is our language rich enough to fully describe the experience of breathlessness?
- Do some of the words and descriptions used have unhelpful connotations?
- Is there a mismatch between the language doctors and patients use?
To ensure a balanced discussion for this event we would particularly welcome input from
- healthcare professionals with an interest in respiratory medicine
- people with direct experience of breathlessness (either personally or as a carer)
Places are limited and must be reserved in advance by contacting Sarah McLusky.
The Mining Institute is conveniently located adjacent to Newcastle Central Station. The easiest way to get there is by mainline or Metro train. Many local buses also stop outside the station. There are many city centre car parks nearby and a drop-off/loading bay directly outside. Our meeting room is on the ground floor. For more information on finding and accessing The Mining Institute please visit their website.